Our annual data summaries, released in October of each year, contain many relevant statistics for the region and its jurisdictions and can be found on our publications page. At the bottom of this page are links to additional information sources.
The tables below show some regional population trends:
Sources: U.S. Census Bureau
|County Populations (Census)|
Note: County populations include incorporated town populations.
|Incorporated Town Population (Census)|
For additional data assistance, please contact the Regional Commission at (540) 829-7450 or visit:
- U.S. Census Bureau - users can access complete data from Census 2010 and past census dates
- American Community Survey - The ACS will eventually replace the census long form and will provide more timely census data for users.
- Virginia Performs - Performance measures across a wide variety of areas, including economy, public safety, natural resources and transportation
- The Weldon Cooper Center for Public Service - contains a variety of economic and demographic data for the state of Virginia, as well as the Commonwealth's official population estimates for its counties.
- The Virginia Employment Commission - VA labor market information
- Virginia Economic Development Partnership Data Center - View county and statewide statistics throughout Virginia, as well as compare Virginia with other states.
- Virginia Tourism Corporation - View county and statewide tourism statistics, including local economic impact, traveler attitudes and lodging reports
- 2012 Census of Agriculture - a number of agriculture-related statistical tables arranged by VA County