Destination Gordonsville: Marketing Small-Town Virginia
July 12, 2006
Gordonsville Town Hall
8:30am to 3:30pm
Attendance at the Fifth Annual RRRC Living Towns Planning Workshop, held in the beautiful Town of Gordonsville, was once again standing-room-only, with three informative panel discussions, walking tours of the town, and a reception at the Historic Gordonsville Exchange Hotel and Civil War Museum.
A hearty thanks to members of the Gordonsville Living Towns Steering Committee, sponsors, and, indeed, all who helped to make the workshop one of the biggest and best ever, not to mention this year's moderators and speakers for their outstanding presentations.
Presentation materials are available for selected panelists below. All files are in .pdf format.
- Moderator: Jay Harrison, Executive Director, Historic Fredericksburg Foundation, Inc.
- Ron Higgins, Planning Manager, City of Charlottesville
- Ed Volway, President, Stuart Business Association & Owner, Old Dominion Toy Shoppe
- Carl Espy, Town Manager, Town of Halifax, VA (presentation)
- Moderator: Joe Ward, Orange County Director of Tourism
- Jerry Schiro, Town Manager, Town of Luray; Pat O'Brien, Director, Town of Luray Parks & Recreation; Catherine Stewart, Executive Director, Luray Downtown Initiative (presentation)
- Steve Galyean, Tourism Development Director, VA Tourism Corporation (presentation)
- David Myers, Assoc. for Govt. Relations, Civil War Preservation Trust (presentation)
- Moderator: Debbie Kendall, Planning Director, Orange County
- Chris Mothersead, Planning Director, Town of Warrenton
- Terry Knouse, Section Manager, VDOT Design & Special Projects; Walter Pribble, Senior Transportation Planner, VDOT Transportation & Mobility Planning (presentation)
- Cate Magennis Wyatt, President, Journey Through Hallowed Ground (presentation)
- Vaughn Rinner, Principal, Landmark Design Group (presentation)