Data & Resources
The Commission also utilizes Geographic Information Systems (GIS)--mapping software that displays complex spatial data in an intuitive map that can be easily read. The Commission produces a variety of these informative maps for inclusion in studies, display at public meetings, and distribution in various publications.
GIS analysis can be applied in almost any situation where the problem-solving of socio-economic issues occurs. Recent projects where GIS has been used by the Commission include:
- Jurisdictional Land Use and Zoning Maps
- Watershed monitoring and management
- Population and labor force growth analysis
- Regional transportation development
- Economic and tourism promotion